Sunday, January 13, 2013

Course 1: The Basics

Ok, the first course is about the basics. The first portion of Course 1 goes over kitchen basics - what you need, how to organize, etc. This of course prompted me to go on a cleaning/organizing marathon and really tackle the kitchen. I organized all my equipment - I got rid of all the crappy pots and pans I have, organized the numerous spatulas and the spoons, moved stuff on the counter-top around so I had more space. I tackled the spices as well (definitely have a bunch of duplicates), collected all my baking supplies and basically took apart the kitchen. The result - a completely organized, clean, easy-to-use kitchen! I am definitely running low counter space and storage (I do have an apartment kitchen, so its small anyway. However, it is so much better than the apartment I lived in last, which could hardly be called a kitchen). Therefore, while I would love to invest in some additional pots and pans (like a big stock pot and maybe a few more sauté pans), I realized I need to reign myself in. I did however make a trip to a local TJMax store, and get a bunch of small items to help me organize and add to my collection of kitchen equipment (like a meat tenderizer!). I think I am stocked-up enough on those items to handle pretty much anything, however, I will have to see as I move forward with more recipes and see if I am missing any major items. Next step is to actually start cooking!>  

No comments:

Post a Comment